Firms that embrace missions that go beyond generating a profit can attract more, and better quality, job applicants, according to a study published by the National Bureau of Economic Research. The researchers, who launched a real company and recruited workers via Craigslist in 12 U.S. cities, found that they received a 25% boost in applicants by simply taking on a do-gooder image. More than that, the employees they hired were more productive and were even willing to work for lower pay than those brought on without such messaging.
The 21st century has been called the “Century of the Environment”. Every corner, every sector, every industry, every organization, every household and every individual can, and many are, contributing to make changes toward sustainable development and commit to the Circular Economy.
Consider for your company, the following definition of corporate sustainability from the Symposium on Sustainability Profiles in Leadership” NYC, Oct. 2001: “A company’s ability to achieve its business goals and increase long-term shareholder value by integrating economic, environmental and social opportunities into its business strategies.” This definition continues to mature with the UN’s SDGs 2030 agenda and broadening the three P’s to include Peace and Partnerships, along with Prosperity, Planet and People, the original triple bottom line concept. The circular economy is also a newly evolving approach to ensure a closed loop system that applies sustainable development concepts.
The Global Sustainability Story continues to gain momentum and broad acceptance: We’re in a state of change and innovation. The top ranked companies today are demonstrating their commitment to sustainability and showing the financial markets they are generally showing better business results.
Green Training Associates LLC specializes in consulting with business, environmental and higher education leaders on their critical role in advancing and achieving sustainable development goals.
We can guide you to expand your Human Resources Management (HRM) efforts. Where is your company in the maturity of its sustainable development journey?
- Just Beginning
- Moderately Involved
- Progressing Positively
- Very Mature
Green Training Associates will leverage our Sustainable Development Framework to diagnose and plan Training, Talent and HR solutions related to:
- Improve innovation and development for your organization to leverage market opportunities and reduce environmental impact.
- Develop people to be more competent, knowledgeable and skilled using training workshops, talent and culture change, coaching and career roadmaps produce measurable business results.
- Build green workplaces so your culture fits with your values and strategies.
Connect your leaders to effect systemic change across departments and levels of the entire company.
- Improve your Corporate Social Responsibility brand in outreach, reputation and credibility to attract and retain new employees who seek employers that demonstrate commitment to SDGs.
- Reduce costs and mitigate risks for Human Resources Management to protect your business.
- Build green bridges between employers and higher education to connect our Emerging Young Leaders with sustainability & related degrees into your 21st century workforce.
“Our world depends on a collective effort to saturate the fabric of a company where employees make green decisions every day. We believe that sustainable development is not ‘something to do’ but it’s a way of integrating the mind, body and spirit of an organization.”
Pam Sammarco, President & CEO | Green Training Associates LLC
Through benchmarking, we partnered with NJHEPS to conduct an extensive research study and wrote a white paper on Sustainability Career Paths: A Blueprint for NJ Higher Education. Feel free to complete our Discovery Call form to request our white paper on Sustainability Career Paths: A Blueprint for NJ Higher Education.
Click on the Sustainable HRM Solutions™links relevant to your organizational needs for: